Thursday, August 26, 2021

My Mushroom Fields Village!

 I'm sure most of you have already heard of the game Minecraft. If you play it, then you should know about villages. They spawn in Plains, Spruce Forests,Snowy Tundras, Savannas and Deserts. But why not other biomes? So I decided to change that. I sent my friends an email telling them to pick a biome that didn't have a village. I chose the Mushroom Fields. Here is a screenshot of a Nitwit (Nitwits are villagers that don't have a job) house I built!


Each villager has a different house according to the villager's profession. I will show you all of the mushroom houses I built ( The whole village isn't finished yet! ) and I will tell you their professions.

Cleric

Blacksmith

Librarian

I really had fun designing all of these fun mushroom houses! Designing villages is a fun thing to do when you are bored in Minecraft!









5 comments:

  1. Whoa! That looks so cool Sofia. I enjoyed reading about some of the Minecraft functions. All I have ever done in Minecraft is mine for gold and other cool minerals. Maybe it's because I am old, but that for me is fun enough. Even worse, I play in creative mode. I am very interested in these things called "Biomes". Minecraft sounds like a very cool activity.
    Your writing was so well crafted that I just wanted to keep reading more and more. I would love to read much more of your thoughts, experiences and creative stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sofia, I agree with Ms Corbett this is a great piece in writing as well as some excellent creativity! Look at the vocabulary for a start. Something that I particularly liked about your writing is the use of punctuation - using exclamation marks (highlighting important statements), question marks, and brackets is sophisticated level 3 writing. Using Brackets or (parentheses) can be tricky. These are punctuation marks used within a sentence to include information that is not essential to the main point. Information within parentheses is usually supplementary/additional; were it removed, the meaning of the sentence would remain unchanged. Well done! Keep that up.

    I think this would be a good example outlining why Minecraft is educational.
    So in terms of time... how long are we talking here, to design all these villages?
    I'll check back again shortly and see how you are going with your writing. Well done. I see Ms Corbett liked this post so much that she celebrated it on the school Facebook page. Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sofia that mushroom village looks epic!

    I too like Minecraft and I appreciate the effort and amount of time your put into making your amazing village, your put a lot of thought into what buildings you have in your village. Your addition of screenshots to show each building is a great way to show the scale of your village.

    Keep up the great sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it and also keep working on it and maybe you will finnish it and spawn villagers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sofia.
    Your village is so cool!
    I like how you explained all the different professions. I will definitely try that out!

    ReplyDelete